Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!
We are currently seeking a Shredding Specialist who will be responsible for receiving, separating and loading waste paper into a paper shredder, as well as various traditional warehouse support duties. The Shredding Specialist is a member of the local operations team who coordinates the parking of all trucks in preparation for the next day. Shredding Specialists also must be team players and contribute to a safe and harmonious work environment.
This is a full-time position, and the work schedule is 2nd shift, 2pm-10:30pm, Monday-Friday.
- Unload shredded paper, media, and product from Shred-it’s trucks at the assigned branch.
- Operate and maintain baling machinery.
- Ensure all paper bales are staged or loaded for shipment as required.
- Perform shredding operations in support of Shred-it’s off-site shredding program.
- Safeguard plant hardware and equipment by locking and activating security systems.
- Operate forklifts and perform preventative maintenance on forklifts as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe working area according to Shred-It and NAID standards.
- Ensure that truck shredder compartments and cabs are cleaned nightly in accordance with company guidelines.
- Perform weekly, monthly and yearly preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Maintain supplies for plant operations.
- Maintain a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to the operation of Shred-it.
- Follow the company’s policies and procedures at all times, bringing the manager's attention to any and all areas of concern.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to withstand the physically strenuous demands of lifting up to 80 pounds.
- Ability to pull and push heavy equipment and objects (80 to 100 pounds).
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle throughout the day for business needs.
- Ability to sit for up to eight (8) hours per day.
- Ability to walk up to eight (8) hours per day.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to pass a DMV background check/have a clean driving record.
- One to two (1-2) years of experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred.
- Six (6) months as a certified forklift driver is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of forklift truck driving and maintenance.
- Excellent physical ability; must be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds repeatedly over the course of the day.
- Ability to withstand the physical demands of lifting, pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.