This position will work with other Stericycle development resources and key vendors to build, maintain and enhance new/existing applications to enhance and extend Stericycle’s strategic enterprise systems. The position is responsible for application development. This role will primarily work on the InQuicker (inquicker.com) SaaS product - an online appointment scheduling tool that connects patients with healthcare providers.
Develops application programs, automated processes and other computer systems. May manage small to medium projects in this capacity.
Design, develop, and test new software.
Prepare realistic development and testing schedules consistent with established department standards and priorities.
Collaborate with colleagues to ensure successful implementation of changes to existing systems.
Address support tickets from Lead Developer.
Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating knowledge of data processing, programming languages, programming techniques, operating systems, and test and data management.
Three or more years of experience in system design and development in production environments using Ruby on Rails.
Demonstrates familiarity and proficiency with each of the following:
- ActiveRecord, MySQL
- Asynchronous job processing, queues
- API development and consumption
- Data transformation and visualization
- Solid experience with Object Oriented Principles
- Developed applications using design patterns such as MVVM
- Experience with all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
The following skills are desired:
- Automated unit testing tools such as Capybara, Selenium, or others
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience with C#/.NET development is a bonus