The SAP Solutions Architect provides leadership and functional and technical support for various business units utilizing
the SAP platform. In support of the SAP Logistics Execution platform, the Solutions Architect – SAP
Logistics Execution supports the SAP Order Management and Distribution integration areas and systems through the
design and implementation of existing and new business functionalities. In addition, this role will establish standards
and requirements to evaluate and direct enhancements and implement solutions related to the SAP LE area across
Designs and develops SAP LE requirements and specifications to ensure systems and solutions are meeting corporate
needs linking with SAP Best Practice solutions and compliance. Supports SAP LE system and accountable for
projects, enhancements, development, configuration, documentation, testing, training, go-live and on-going support
within SAP LE area according to Best Practices and supporting company business strategy and roadmap.
1) Leads, participates or coordinates end-to-end execution of Distribution solutions, related projects and
technology implementations. Introduces best practice and process improvement ideas.
2) Provides subject matter expert solutions and hands on management of configuration.
3) Defines systems strategy, develops systems requirements, designs and prototypes, testing and training.
Defines support procedures.
4) Provides process expertise and solutions in Service Orders, Reverse Logistics, Supply Chain integration,
with knowledge Delivery creation/Delivery Due List Management, LE Handling Units, LE Shipment processing,
Familiar with 3PL model, Plan the transportation and select/recommend carriers, Dispatch and
monitor the transportation, Implementation experience of OTC/LE in international
markets Batch Tracking and Serialization, Transportation processes in ECC, Route Determination, and
integration with other SAP Modules and non-SAP tools.
5) Understands business processes, systems configuration, enhancements and data or enables related
6) Works with business counterparts on delivering solutions based on Best Practices, business processes
and SAP expertise. Analyzes business requirements and translates them into design.
7) Leads multiple design activities, from requirement analysis to systems, application and process design
specifications, implementation and support.
8) Provides expertise for the estimation and financial analysis of projects.
9) Creates documentation for various stages of planning, design, implementation and support of SAP LE
10) Participates in weekly team meetings and internal initiatives to review outstanding issues and/or to
discuss new trends or projects
11) Manages and completes complex assignment and related projects
12) Provide training, mentorship and ongoing support of SAP LE to IT and business stakeholders.
13) Performs other related duties as required or requested
Education and Experience Required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
A Bachelor’s Degree is required in the area of specialty (Bachelor’s degree in Business or Information Technology.
MBA a plus). Goals are generally communicated in "solution" or project goal terms.
• SAP Certification is a plus
• At least 7 – 10 years of SAP LE experience with progressive responsibility and influence.
• At least 4 full cycles SAP implementation projects with hand-on project experience designing, testing and
implementing LE Solutions
• Deep knowledge working with Supply Chain integrations, with an emphasis on Service Based Companies,
Reverse Logistics, Fleet Management and Transportation Management
• Experienced working on advanced, complex
technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art
technical or industry knowledge.
SAP LE Solution Architect JD specifics:
• Broad technology knowledge of major applications, middleware and platforms
• Broad understanding of business processes and solutions
• Understanding of integration points of LE with SD/FI/WM/PTP and other modules
• Demonstrated experience in setting and influencing company-wide strategic direction.
• Demonstrated experience in the development of SAP Logistics Execution solutions for business programs/
• Provide training, mentorship and ongoing support of SAP Logistics Execution solutions and best practices to
IT and business stakeholders.
• Strong analytical ability, judgment and problem analysis techniques.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal and able to effectively operate with VP and above executives.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization.
• Ability to work with teams that are geographically distributed and work across different time zones.
Technical skills required:
• Experience in SAP ECC 6.0 and SAP LE required
• Experience configuring, implementing and maintaining SAP LE solutions
• Experience working with both Product Based and Service Orders , Reverse Logistics, Supply Chain integration,
Transportation/Fleet Management, Batch Tracking and Serialization, Route Determination, and integration
with other SAP Modules and non-SAP tools for both Domestic and International business units.
• Expertise in SAP LE module with strong understanding of integration with other SAP ECC modules and 3rd