This position is responsible for providing strategic guidance towards the compliant, safe and efficient handling and processing of all Core Waste Streams contracted by the facility(s). Ensures the services provided to the facility(s) by Stericycle consistently meet customer service expectations, regulatory and safety compliance measures, and are provided in a productive and profita-ble manner. Assists in maintaining or exceeding margins in line with Stericycle standards or projected goals for the customer via strategic financial reviews. Train hospital employees so they are compliant with the regulations relating to both bio-hazardous and hazardous waste. Provide consulting services to Stericycle’s large volume customers centered around the EPA, DOT, OSHA, and The Joint Commission.
Key Job Activities:
• Serve as the liaison in managing core services.
• Serves as the main point of contact for all service related issues.
• Work with local operations team and Sales to proactively plan out the key steps in meeting customer requirements in terms of timing and service.
• Coordinate resolution of service concerns with local operations team and follow up with accounts in assigned geography.
• Analyze opportunities and provide additional training or training resources as needed to accounts in assigned geography.
• Work with the key decision makers within assigned accounts to ensure a smooth transition to services provided by Stericycle.
Monitors the performance of operational efficiencies and assist in ensuring that their performance and cost goals are being achieved.
• Ensures service requirements are met.
• Reviews and monitors invoices for accuracy.
• Looks for ways to reduce costs while still meeting the customer’s expectations.
Builds good relationships with key decision makers within assigned accounts. Provide information for customers to use with the development or management of Green Teams and Environment of Care Committees.
• Provides follow up and ongoing basic waste segregation as needed and training for hospital staff and employees.
• Provides regular updates on progress to sales, Local Operations Team, as well as to the customer.
Provides strategic consultative resources to hospital staff to assist them in managing waste streams in a safe and compliant manner.
• Provides expert knowledge as needed on each of the regulations associated with the waste streams being managed (i.e., EPA, DOT, and any other state or local regulations).
• Proactively works with the customer to address compliance concerns in a helpful and consultative manner.
• Conduct a Survey for customers to identify compliance gaps and waste segregation opportunities. The survey takes into consideration EPA, DOT, OSHA, and other regulations in addition to Stericycle’s Waste Acceptance Policy.
Provides assistance to and coordinates efforts with Sales and Local Operations Teams to improve operational efficiencies and profitability.
• Provide consultation assistance to accounts in assigned geography in an effort to reduce Regulated Medical Waste and Pharmaceutical Waste (including training & container placement).
• Reduce service expense by identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies.
• Proactively looks for new ways or services to increase the profitability of contracted services.
Ensure high customer satisfaction within assigned geography to ensure Stericycle is well positioned for future renewals.
• Provide summaries of monthly activities by customer
• Manage customer satisfaction survey feedback.
Project manage Implementation of new compliance based services.
• Prepare and customize powerpoint and training handouts and resources
• Consult and coordinate with Local Operations Team, Customer, and Sales to develop and roll out a customer specific implementation and training plan
• Act as lead for other team members assisting with Implementation
• Conduct customer training and track number of people and units trained.
Regularly schedule and complete customer-facing activity with focus on service satisfaction, building relationships, and identifying ways to improve operational efficiencies and profitability.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, with experience in healthcare discipline preferred, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating detailed knowledge of OSHA and/or EPA-RCRA and/or U.S. DOT, and/or The Joint Commission Standards.
• 3+ years of experience in the healthcare industry, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating excellent working knowledge of medical waste issues and the healthcare industry, and consultative skills to effectively deal with customers. Candidate is confident with public speaking duties.
• Knowledge of computerized customer database with proficiencies in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of all hospital related waste streams, Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
• Knowledge, understanding and communication throughout the hospital.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.