Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative.
At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, synergy, commitment, and partnership. We are committed to an environment where people can grow and develop and where innovative ideas and new approaches are valued. Be our newest team member!
This full-time position will work from 3:00PM - 11:30PM, Wednesday through Sunday to cover for absences and vacations at facilities in the Washington, DC area. The specific facilities and locations are:
Mary Washington Hospital, Fredericksburg, VA
Children’s National Main Hospital, Washington, DC
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
The IWSS Technician will ensure all waste that is collected and received is properly segregated, treated and/or disposed.
IWSS Technicians are an integral component of the Stericycle Sharps Management Service and will be rewarded for their hard work with an affordable, comprehensive and competitive benefits package designed to help team members and their families maintain a healthy life/work balance. We offer medical insurance within 60 days of hire, vision coverage, dental insurance, 401(k) Plan and Trust, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, tuition reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Your Protection, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Healthcare Flexible Spending Account, PTO/paid vacation time, paid holidays, personal days, sick days and paid funeral leave.
- Receive, accept and unload waste from hospital personnel
- Separate waste streams into appropriate categories for treatment or disposal
- Operate compactors and/or shredders
- Load treatment equipment with waste for processing or package waste for transport off-site
- Operate Regulated Medical Waste treatment equipment
- Operate tub wash unit and sprayer
- Assist in other areas of the operation as directed
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED or educational equivalent
- 1 year of related experience or training
- Demonstrates knowledge of barcode scanning and basic computer skills
- Demonstrates knowledge of hazardous materials and OSHA regulations
- Demonstrates the ability to operate powered equipment: compactor, shredder, waste treatment equipment or forklift
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and tact in a variety of settings and situations.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and with little supervision
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, or basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.