The Manager, Go-to-Market (GtM) Strategy and Planning works as a key member of the Stericycle Compliance Solutions Marketing and Strategy department. This individual will contribute to the profitable growth of the business by enabling his/her sales peers to win in the marketplace – through planning, implementing, and evaluating the Company’s GtM strategy. The Marketing Manager, GtM Strategy and Planning will be accountable for execution and oversight of Stericycle’s commercial plan and key growth strategies. They will also provide visibility to the performance of the broader Commercial organization against key strategic priorities. These consistent and effective efforts will ensure the Marketing and Strategy department’s activities and priorities are aligned with Stericycle’s strategic goals and ultimate profitable growth.
- Partner with Finance, Sales Operations, and Product & Innovation teams to convert Stericycle’s long range plan into an annual operating plan. Translate the Company’s operating plan into actionable strategic priorities for the Sales and Marketing organizations.
- Drive the marketing activation plan across the Marketing and Strategy organization, including allocation of marketing spend and budgeting. Monitor ROI across relevant channels including offline (trade shows, media placements, collateral, etc.) and online (SEM, digital media, etc.); propose adjustments to cost-effectively generate and nurture demand.
- Develop retention and churn management plans, in collaboration with Sales, to proactively preserve and grow Stericycle’s customer base.
Commercial Performance Management
- Identify and track key metrics to measure performance of the Commercial organization.
- Through partnership with Finance, Sales, and Marketing, provide holistic reporting of the performance of the Commercial organization. This performance reporting would include, but would not be limited to, Marketing effectiveness/efficiency and Sales productivity. Performance would be tracked by teams within the Commercial organization, by channel/rep, by customer, and by initiative.
- In partnership with Sales, define and lead the coordination of GtM growth strategies.
- Perform relevant data/analytics work to best target our sales force activities with optimal funnel management through lead scoring, targeting, and nurturing
- Establish and support a Demand Center structure to enable organizational capabilities to drive growth.
- Support Sales leadership in designing optimal sales structures, selling roles, and territory alignment.
- Partner with Product & Innovation to translate voice of customer and market intelligence into a customer value matrix, which will inform commercialization strategies and roadmaps for product lines
- Bachelor's degree in a marketing or finance-related discipline from a top-tier institution or other relevant business experience. MBA required.
- 8+ years’ experience in a consulting or corporate strategy role, or other relevant business experience, preferably in a B2B services environment.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data to solve complex business decisions, including analyzing multiple data points, effectively interpreting results, and concisely presenting a recommendation.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and collaborate in the design of solutions.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, with flexibility to changing priorities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.