Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative.
At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, synergy, commitment, and partnership. We are committed to an environment where people can grow and develop and where innovative ideas and new approaches are valued. Be our newest team member!
This position will manage 4 On Site Service Supervisor direct reports located in Houston, Austin, San Antonio, and The Valley (Corpus Christi and Harlingen). Travel is anticipated to be roughly 2 weeks per month for 6-8 days each. Candidates may reside in any of the above areas.
The On Site Service Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining the highest standard of customer relationship with each hospital within area of responsibility. Ensures prompt and efficient collection of waste containers (based on the customer contract – Sharps, Rx, Haz, Integrated Waste, etc.) through a healthcare facility. Manages the activities of the Service Supervisors and Service Specialists.
Key Job Activities:
1) Selects, trains, and develops an effective and efficient staff:
v Makes every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop qualified, diverse workforce.
v Establishes and communicates performance standards and objectives; conducts performance appraisals.
v Recommends salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
v Monitors operations and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
v Counsels team members on educational and job opportunities, which will enhance their career development, and keeps staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting periodic meetings.
v Administers all Company policies and procedures, communicates to staff, interprets, as necessary, and ensures compliance and safety.
v Monitors and ensures that team members are performing their functions safely and productively. Makes recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries.
2) Develops and maintains quality relationships with a variety of customer contacts within each customer facility. This includes, but is not limited to, nursing, infection control, operations, and procurement. Ensures that customers value Stericycle services through relationship management, oversight of service management and resource support.
3) Maintains operations within budgetary guidelines:
• Manages against financial goals.
• Implements ways to reduce costs.
• Pursues ways to increase revenue.
• Obtains customer information and uses it for improvement of services.
4) Acts as liaison between hospital and Stericycle’s service operations for all matters, complaints and service requests. Is accountable for service effectiveness, quality and costs within each customer location.
5) Surveys customers and makes recommendations for additional container needs, new construction or the addition of new facilities.
6) Participates in educational events and/or in-servicing units as required, providing industry expertise and acting as a resource for a variety of customer needs.
7) Communicates the value of Stericycle’s services as they relate to individual customers by utilizing tools that demonstrate safety, environmental benefits, compliance and value.
8) Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Education equivalent to a Bachelors Degree, or the equivalent in related work experience.
Five or more years of work experience in a healthcare environment, EVS preferred. Previous work experience as a Profile Hospital Director of EVS, Sodexho, Crothall, Aramark, or other outsourced service providers.
May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
Demonstrates the ability to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures in crisis situations; communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures; recognize and constructively conform to unwritten rules or practices.