We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst – Consolidation and Management Reporting to be based out of our Lake Forest, IL office. This position will reporting to the Director of Consolidations and Management Reporting at Stericycle. The Senior Financial Analyst is considered a highly visible position within Stericycle and will be primary responsible for the coordination, preparation and delivery of accurate, consistent and timely Stericycle consolidated financial results.
Key job responsibilities:
· Prepare and distribute specified consolidated financial statements and other internal reports.
· Process and review specified and recurring global consolidation adjustments and eliminations. Perform key financial close validation activities including reconciliations and process monitoring. Monitor global close activities ensuring timely completion based upon the close calendar.
· Review, identify and explain unusual financial statement fluctuations, and coordinate corrective action if appropriate. Present key financial drivers for fluctuations in consolidated financial statement results to executive management inclusive of Corporate Controllership and Financial Planning and Analysis.
· Monitor legal entity investment and share capital activity (acquisitions, divestitures, loans, capitalizations, liquidations, mergers, dividends, etc.) to ensure that transactions are appropriately recorded at both a legal entity and consolidated level.
· Participate in Legal Entity Reviews.
· Participate in Monthly Management Reviews.
· Execute SAP/BPC application related activities include period closing activities, rationalization and coordination, financial data mapping, and reporting changes.
· Ensure financial controls and procedures are in place and operating efficiently, by participating actively in their operation while continuously increasing efficiency, automation and timeliness.
· Liaise with global accounting and finance teams to coordinate consolidation activities and reporting request such as preparing and distributing close calendars and instructions to global accounting and finance. Provide related training and guidance as appropriate.
· Provide assistance to internal and external auditors during the reviews and audits.
· Assist with SEC reporting (8-K, 10-Q, 10-K).
· Government reporting (Census Bureau information requests).
· Perform ad hoc analyses and project-based initiatives which support Consolidations group goals and as requested by senior management
· Establish and maintain a continuous improvement culture/posture including establishing mythologies, prioritization, influencing and sponsoring initiatives originating from the controllership and active leadership/participation/execution on broader corporate/business unit initiatives (e.g. Business Transformation established in 2017).
Three plus years of professional experience or direct training, certification or internship experiences, with an emphasis on consolidations, general ledger and technical accounting and financial reporting preferred. Public company experience preferred.
· Experience with consolidations tools (BPC, HFM, etc. and global ERP’s) and preparation of financial statements
· Experience in a more than $1 billion, global company
· A bachelor’s degree in accounting and a Certified Public Accountant designation
· Good oral and written communications; possess good organizational skills, a high level of self-integrity, ingenuity and initiative (self-starter), and multi-tasking skills. The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and flexibility to work hours needed to meet deadlines
· Ability to work effectively with others. Must be able to recognize problems and offer solutions. Possess high level of analytical skills with ability to interpret results. Ability to determine priorities and work on several projects simultaneously. Develop more efficient ways of working with the information and compiling reports and propose process improvements