This position is responsible for all aspects of domestic corporate income taxation and accounting thereof. Includes Federal, State and Local income tax compliance and audits. Advises management regarding effects of business activities on taxes and on strategies for minimizing tax liability.
- Gather and analyze information needed for the preparation of international aspects of US federal income tax returns.
- Preparation of federal and US federal disclosures related to international activities.
- Review of Local country tax returns and RTP reconciliations and ensure quality and compliance with internal control requirements in execution of assigned tasks.
- Monitoring of local country income tax payments.
- Assist in preparation of tax accrual documentation subject to ASC 740.
- Assist with tax audits and correspond with tax authorities as needed.
- Provide tax support to international business units.
- Assist in identifying and implementing tax planning strategies.
- Assist in research and documentation of tax filing positions.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Education and Experience Required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or equivalent required and a CPA is preferred
- 7+ years of experience preparing corporate income tax returns in a combination of public accounting and multinational corporate tax department required.
- Experience working with tax software applications like Vertex Income tax software.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving ability, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate initiative, and technical tax expertise
- Ability to manage process flow, multiple projects, and meet deadlines within strict time parameters
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work as an individual and in a team oriented environment with a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, and Income Tax software a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.