Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. Be our newest team member!
The Trans Helper is primarily responsible for safely maintaining proper working condition of warehouse and transportation equipment, loading and unloading containers, and driving 26’ & 28’ straight trucks to vendors while ensuring security of vehicles and containers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Unload and load equipment, containers, and boxes from trailers
• Completes daily yard check
• Maintains and repairs equipment used by drivers to service customers and used in the warehouse
• Maintains and repairs reusable customer containers
• General facility maintenance and housekeeping items such as changing lights & ceiling tiles, light carpentry, proper disposal of office trash/recycling, and maintaining clean & safe dock (spills cleaned up, floor is dry, and debris not on floor, etc. These issues should be addressed immediately)
• Assists in other areas of the warehouse operation as directed.
• 1+ year related experience preferred
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License, CDL experience is a plus but not required
• Demonstrates knowledge of DOT Regulations and OSHA Regulations.
• Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift. Forklift certification is preferred
• May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing *LI
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.