Is it important that you work for a reputable and environmentally-conscious company? Are you driven by making a positive impact in a dynamic and flexible environment? Do you get excited about the opportunity to drive process improvements? If so, Stericycle is just what you’re looking for! Apply now to start the conversation and become our Newest Team Member!
This positions primary responsibility is to oversee, implement and provide expert direction for information technology planning processes. This individual’s goals are to develop, enhance and manage specific planning processes for the IT organization and will plan and provide support or training for the organization when necessary. This individual will also work closely with decision makers in the IT department to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support new policies, processes, procedures and best practices, if required.
- Provide financial direction and recommendations to IT Organization and management team pertaining to Operating Plan, Monthly Close activities, and P&L reporting. Includes Journal Entries, Variance reporting and Capital Asset request for creation.
- Complete variance analysis for MTD, QTD and YTD explanations for period close to the accounting teams around a $90 Million Annual Spend.
- Partner with corporate accounting and procurement to recommend, develop and support plans for improved IT financial management processes such as annual software maintenance tracking, contract management, asset management, CAPEX completion, business case tracking and any ancillary budgeting processes or reporting required by the IT organization.
- Develop training materials, facilitate training classes involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring IT organization remains compliant with Stericycle policies and standards.
- Report and escalate to management as needed around financial process, tracking recommendation for CAPEX, OPEX, One-time costs and Integration.
- Act in ‘lead’ or mentor capacity for other members of financial impacts related to Business Cases and Spend during current year and the next years’ Operating Plan
Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or the equivalent in related work experience.
One or more years of accounting/finance experience in a general office environment, demonstrating a working knowledge of Billing policies and procedures and various automated accounting systems.
Demonstrates good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access in addition to Sequel Server (SQL).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.