Watch our video! Day in the life of Shred-it Route Driver: http://bit.ly/ShredDriver
Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. Be our newest team member!
Responsible for servicing document destruction accounts in the most professional way, ensuring that customers’ needs are met on a continual basis by either collecting or shredding the customer’s confidential material, as well as delivering and removing equipment. Provides the highest level of customer service possible at all times. Covers routes when other team members are on vacation, including those team members at remote transfer sites/states. May act as a trainer for new employees or existing employees which have issues completing assigned duties as directed by management. Assist other drivers on long or heavy work days and/or work in the warehouse or processing plant as needed.
Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ confidential material collected and serviced in a timely and accurate manner.
• Pick up and transport customer confidential material safely and compliant to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
• Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
• May prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the day ensuring enough supplies are added.
• Services the customer site scheduled for the day.
• Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
• Ensures bins, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing. Adheres to DOT / Local Jurisdiction requirements. Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
Communicates with Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route services, including address changes, customer not having confidential material ready for pickup, etc.
Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service.
Reports any problems/issues with accounts to Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
Performs pre-trip, post-trip checks, and driver check-in on assigned truck, prior to leaving or closing for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up.