Watch our video! Day in the life of Shredding Specialist: http://bit.ly/ShredSpecialist
Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. Be our newest team member!
The Lead Shredding Specialist is responsible for receiving, segregating and loading waste paper into a paper shredder as well as various traditional warehouse support duties. The Lead Shredding Specialist is a member of the local operations team who coordinates the parking of all trucks in preparation for the next day. The Lead Shredding Specialist must be a team player and contribute to a safe and harmonious work environment as a leader and an expert in their field.
• Unloads shredded paper, media, and product from Shred-it’s trucks at the assigned branch nightly.
• Operates and maintains all machinery at the branch.
• Ensures all paper bales are staged or loaded for shipment as required.
• Performs shredding operations in support of Shred-it’s off-site shredding program.
• Safeguards plant hardware and equipment by locking and activating security systems.
• Operates forklifts and performs preventative maintenance on forklifts as required.
• Maintains a clean and safe working area according to Shred-It and NAID standards.
• Ensures that truck shredding compartments and cabs are cleaned nightly in accordance with com-pany guidelines.
• Performs weekly, monthly and yearly preventative maintenance on all equipment.
• Maintains supplies for plant operations.
• Maintains a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to Shred-it operations, following the company’s policies and procedures at all times and bringing the manager's attention to any areas of concern.
High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred.
• Basic knowledge of forklift truck driving and maintenance.
• Six (6) months as a certified forklift driver preferred.
• Class B commercial driver’s license is required.
• Oral Communication
o Effectively expresses self in one-on-one and group situations and presentations.
o Demonstrates attentiveness and the ability to understand the oral communications of others through active listening skills.
o Maintain personal appearance and company vehicle in a professional manner.
o Create a good first impression.
o Self-starter who exhibits initiative and internal motivation to achieve goals, including those be-yond standard expectations.
o Must be able to work independently, think before acting and make sound judgments.
• Stress Management
o Handle all situations (e.g., time pressure, deadlines, task difficulty, etc.) with dignity and poise.
o Maintain social, ethical and organizational norms.
• Attention to Detail
o Achieve tasks and objectives through concern for all areas involved, no matter how small.
o Attends all Shred-it training courses as required.
o Commits to ongoing personal development. Interpersonal Skills
o Ability to work well in a team environment; always willing to assist other partners.
o Can absolutely be counted on to meet deadlines, carry out tasks, and keep commitments.
o Portray an approachable image, act in a friendly manner with people and put them at ease.
o Develop alternative courses of action and make decisions which are based on logical assumptions and which reflect factual information,
o Decisions must be in the best interest of the customer and Shred-it.
o Accept personal responsibility for all actions related to decision-making and personal judgment.