Under direction, provides support and guidance to a team of collectors. Provides remedy and training to internal and external customers for high-risk category customers. Expedites the payment of this group of customers by facilitating in the support of the procedural development and implementation of departmental processes.
- Initiates correspondence (verbal and/or written) to delinquent customers to secure Stericycle assets while maintaining a customer first philosophy. Communicates customer status with sales staff and transportation offices. Presents a positive and service oriented attitude to internal and external customers to maintain and improve customer relationships.
- Reviews, recommends, and proposes efficiencies regarding departmental procedures and customer payment patterns ensuring they are appropriate to departmental goals and objective attainment.
- Works in a team environment, ensuring that departmental and team objectives are attained. Motivates team members to unleash their full potential. Utilizes training, past experience, and knowledge to guide and assist team members. Provides a positive example through work ethic and attitude. Serves as a role model to internal and external customers to display professionalism and a Stericycle “Customer First” philosophy.
- Evaluates account status to initiate credit suspension and pursues action with customer, sales force and transportation offices to ensure payment. Secures proof of delivery when necessary. Appraises situation once resolved to determine credit worthiness and potentially reinstate credit terms.
- Analyzes customer accounts before third party collection agency placement to ensure all collection efforts have been exhausted and departmental protocol has been followed. Provides feedback to collectors on additional and alternate collection tactics in order to facilitate collection efforts.
- Provides training and mentoring to new hires.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Education equivalent to Associates Degree, with an emphasis in business management, accounting, banking and finance, or liberal arts, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating a thorough knowledge of Credit & Collections policies and procedures.
- Four or more years of Credit & Collections experience, demonstrating a through understanding of bankruptcy and collection law, internal Aging Reports, and familiarity with credit analysis skills.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and must be able to type a minimum of 40 wpm.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.