Under direction, coordinates the daily activity for the Cash Applications team, including check, credit card and EFT batch transactions and timely application of unapplied payments. Responsible for posting the more complex cash transactions and customer account reconciliation; and monthly reconciliations for bank activity to general ledger.
- Handles the cash application for specialized customer accounts (Affiliated and Acquisition) and reconciliation of more complex customer accounts including, but not limited to transfers, reversals, check inquiries, refund requests and write-offs.
- Monitors daily payment batch activity and makes necessary assignment adjustments to ensure completion within established time frames and runs script to auto apply payments when applicable.
- Compiles statistical data for the weekly work condition report in order to track unapplied cash, batch posting, suspense accounts and refunds. Runs additional queries to evaluate, measure, and monitor team output and quarterly goals.
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation for balancing the bank activity to general ledger and validity of the inter-company ledger account transfers.
- Trains new hires and assists with decisions with the rotation of duties to ensure that all job functions have sufficient backup.
- Cross-trained to backup all Cash Application duties
- Performs other related duties as required or requested
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school, supplemented by courses in mathematics, or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Three or more years of general office experience, demonstrating a good aptitude for mathematics and data entry skills.
- Demonstrates a good knowledge of PC applications. Expertise with Microsoft suite of products is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.