Under direction, this position is responsible for handling all aspects of HCS and ComSolcustomer payment applications, including checks, EFT’s and credit cards. Performs intricate reconciliations of customer accounts and ensures that unapplied payments are handled in a timely manner, with an annual volume of 1,551M transactions. Also assists with monthly journal entries and Shred It live checks deposits.
- Applies customer payments and investigates payment discrepancies, including contacting customers when necessary.
- Performs customer account reconciliations as a result of customer or internal inquires.
- Cross-trained to backup all Cash Application Clerk duties to ensure that all activities are handled within established standards and goal expectations.
- Contacts customer to resolve on-going payment issues to clear outstanding unapplied payments and processes refund requests.
- Assists with the training of new hires and the rotation of job duties
- Cross- trained to process monthly journal entries for various ledger accounts.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Demonstrates the ability to review and proofread work for accuracy and completes specific aspects of assignments, as directed.
- Concentrates on tasks at hand, even in distracting work environments.
- Demonstrates the ability to present information in a clear, concise, and organized manner; listen to others to obtain information.
- Demonstrates the ability to function independently and resolve problems without direction.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to customer questions in a timely manner