The Director, Global IT Infrastructure Services will serve as thought leader for shared compute, storage, and monitoring services and leader of the team providing these services. This role will be a global role leading the development and implementation of a global strategy to provide these services to the Stericycle business community.
Key Job responsibilities:
• Integrates infrastructure based engineering teams on a global basis
• Provides strategic and operational leadership to global infrastructure team members
• Develops annual infrastructure vision, goals and objectives
• Oversees the implementation and maintenance of highly complex, innovative, and cost effective systems solutions.
• Monitors and analyzes the impact of new technology on existing and future capacity, provides advice and counsels customer regarding appropriate technological system solutions
• Defines and executes a regular patching schedule for all servers and ensuring all servers are patched to “n-2” of current release
• Configure, deploy and document new infrastructure, applying rigorous standardized configurations and procedures.
• Leads team to organize, prioritize and document tasks and projects; ensures due dates are met.
• Develops, maintains and implements a proactive capacity planning model to support business decisions.
• Coordinates all levels of server, storage, monitoring, etc. changes with appropriate teams to ensure uninterrupted service
• Utilizes monitoring, mapping and alerting software to proactively collect data and conduct real-time analysis of the performance of the servers and storage mitigating business impacting events.
• Acknowledges and resolves user and system-generated production issues for assigned infrastructure within established service levels
• Maintain documentation for all operational / support processes for the systems supported by the systems administration team; automate repetitive processes where appropriate
• Participate in strategic planning, tactical operation planning, and the development of contingency operation plans for supported systems and environments
• Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and external technology partners to prioritize, estimate and complete projects in support of business.
• Remains current with new technologies and techniques as appropriate
Prior experience integrating global teams and leading technology services on a global basis
Minimum 5+ years’ experience working with virtual platforms and geographically distributed teams
Minimum 7-10 years prior experience delivering and managing technology services on a global scale
Provide leadership to the team, motivating, developing and retaining talent who can respond rapidly to the changing needs of the organization. Direct daily operations of the team, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines.
Advanced knowledge of planning and forecasting techniques for Systems Administration department.
Advanced ability to communicate complex technical information to all stakeholders, including those who do not have a technical background.
Advanced understanding and ability to develop and drive budgeting process.
Must be thorough and detail oriented.
Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
Self-directing individual demonstrating teamwork, organization skills and well-structured working approach given multiple priorities.
10-15 years prior experience with Microsoft servers and multi-domain Active Directory. Experience to include Domain Controllers, security, Group Policies, DNS and application LDAP integration
Experience working with cross-functional and matrixed teams
Proven history converting complex business processes into simplified system designs.
Knowledge of key collaboration concepts including unified messaging, unified communication architecture, communication enabled business processes, enterprise mobility, chat, presence and integrated solutions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.