Currently we are seeking a Senior BI Developer.
As a member of the Business Intelligence team, the primary objective of this position is to understand our business/products/systems at ComSol level to provide innovative, streamlined, reusable and maintainable solutions regarding ETL and data related projects. This position will also support the existing data applications to reduce the incidents and provide outstanding support for the business users through our ticketing system. The Senior Business Intelligence developer is both technical and business-minded, works on both business-driven and technology-driven assignments, and approaches business solutions from data, process, and analytics-centric perspectives.
List the ongoing day-to-day essential job responsibilities in priority order (it is not necessary to list every activity--you may just list the most important 7 – 10. Indicate the estimated percentage of time spent on each of these activities.
Participate in all Business Intelligence activities related to reporting.
Develop and implement ETL processes, reports and queries
Direct the report development process, including planning and monitoring development efforts, coordinating activities with other groups, reviewing deliverables and communicating status to management.
Create and monitor critical report data-driven subscriptions for reporting server configurations, and information delivery to end-users.
Ability to transfer/share knowledge and mentor end-users.
Analyze and propose solutions to complex problems utilizing business and technical knowledge.
- Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent in related work experience in Information Technology, Business, or other related discipline.
- 7+ years of experience in analysis, design, development and testing using Microsoft BI technology stack.
- Expertise in writing T-SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, sub-queries and complex joins for generating Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, User-defined Functions, CTE’s Views and Cursors.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, Visual Studio, Query Analyzer, Profiler, Performance Monitor, Database Tuning Wizard, SQL Server Agent.
- Strong knowledge of data analysis, modeling, report generation and warehousing/data stores.
- Experience translating business requirements into technical requirements, technical designs, and business intelligence solutions such as data models, ETL processes, reports, dashboards, and data services.
- Strong problem-solving required to support business applications, and investigate operational problems/system requirements
- The following skills are desired:
- Familiarity with SDLC and agile methodologies.
- Microsoft PowerBI
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.