Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. Be our newest team member!
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to provide administrative support for various locations. Duties vary from accounting, payroll, HR, benefits, and general office work.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a high standard of customer service.
- Serves as backup to the Transportation Department with regards to manifesting, when applicable
- Create Requisitions to Purchase orders.
- Work with vendors to manage their assigned purchase orders for billing purposes and ensure account balances are aligned.
- Open and review mail.
- Reviews vendor invoices ensuring accuracy and completes all AP related functions. Ensures proper coding to correct location and GL account with department managers approval; submit invoices to the Coupa inbox for AP entry.
- Receive against PO’s as required.
- Reports month end accruals to corporate accounting department with proper D&A management approval.
- Maintains fleet list for various locations to determine align with vendor invoicing.
- Acts as Timekeeper by reviewing eTime for accuracy and works closely with managers/supervisors regarding any discrepancies.
- Works closely with department managers concerning benefit time.
- Maintains accurate records and benefit time on the books - tracks sick, personal and vacation payouts.
- Reports all weekly overtime hours worked to immediate department managers/supervisors.
- Coordinates off-site and on-site meetings for managers as needed.
- Monitors office inventory and places orders when necessary including but not limited to office equipment, office supplies, etc.
Team Member Development:
- Strive to improve areas of contact on a daily basis.
- Maintains a safe and compliant workplace at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; AS in Account, Finance, or a related field preferred
- 2-3 years of professional experience in a fast-paced accounting, billing, payroll, or general office environment required
- 2-3 years of customer service experience preferred
- Moderate to Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite & web-based applications
- Demonstrates Stericycle's Core Values - Do you know what they are?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.