The Mgr Technical Accounting will be responsible for: leading lease accounting across all business units, heading continuous improvement efforts for the Center of Excellence (CoE), providing guidance in the implementation and operation of applicable accounting systems (specifically, the lease administration tool – PowerPlan), training staff, overseeing adherence to finance and accounting policies, and preparing financial reports related to the Companies lease portfolio.
Key Job Activities: List the ongoing day-to-day essential job responsibilities in priority order.
1) Key Responsibilities - Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Make certain that appropriate Lease asset data is maintained.
• Ensure timely, accurate reporting for leased assets are available for accounting and business decisions.
2) Lead continuous improvement efforts for the Lease Center of Excellence
• Establish and maintain Lease data submission template process (including new ad lease modifications).
• Establish, where possible, vendor specific data requirements for new lease data for input into lease tool and reconciliation.
• Establish and maintain completeness procedures to ensure lease data is provided timeline.
• Establish review and confirmation process between the Key stakeholders and Lease CoE.
• Maintain lease share-point repository including training/historical materials for reference and training.
• Establish sustainable process for capital vs operating testing and documentation/conclusions thereof.
• Assisting operations in safeguarding leased assets through the oversight of tracking and verification of assets.
• Assisting in the assessment of Lease asset impairment (maintain “watch list”).
• Provide training, guidance and oversight to cross-functional team member on lease accounting.
• Ensure internal controls are identified and effectively applied both within lease CoE Accounting / Finance and Business Operation organizations.
• Provide oversight for accounting systems used for projects and lease asset accounting.
• Identify ways to improve processes through effective system usage.
• Establish and maintain lease related policies and procedures and other related policy requirements (e.g. delegation of authority).
• Provide technical input and consultation to the business on lease accounting.
• Develop and evolve Management Reporting for leased Assets inclusive of ROI focus Lease.
3) Lease System / Accounting Administration: • Perform systems administration functions
• Monthly close operations
• Calendar coordination for up and down stream tasks
• Lead / coordinate with PowerPlan on betterments / change requests
• Master data coordination with other systems
• Security maintenance
• Training of users
• Manage IT general controls and SOC reporting oversight for PowerPlan
4) Interaction with Technical Accounting • Collaborate with the Director of Technical Accounting on issues related to lease accounting.
5) Interaction with Finance Leads and FP&A • Work closely with all operations personnel and accounting teams to allow for proper oversight of lease contracting, classification and tracking of leases assets.
• Communicate non-recurring transactions that will impact plan and monthly forecasts.
• Provide accounting insight during the annual and long-range plan development processes.
Transaction Accounting (e.g. acquisition, divestitures and other similar transactions)
• Actively participate in acquisitions, divestitures and similar transactions including but not limited to providing ad hoc reporting requirements, guidance on asset detail, appropriate adjustments within leased asset records and integration.
Interaction with other Specialty Finance Areas (Treasury, Tax, Internal Audit, and Investor relations)
• Support Tax with leased asset system and reporting needs. • Actively participate in financial accounting matters related to financing transactions (both inter-company and externally).
Interaction with Business Transformation
• Provide expertise and leadership in the Account to Report (ATR) vision, blueprint, design and implementation working closely with ATR Global Process Owner and Lead especially as it relates to lease system and asset accounting.
• Involvement with other mega processes (i.e. PTP, OTC, STP, HTR) to assure overall company policy and procedure alignment.
Interaction with Operational Accounting / Shared Services
• Actively engage with operation finance/accounting functions in lease asset accounting considerations.
Domestic & International Subsidiary Accounting and Reporting
• Provide leadership and support for the international accounting teams (Lead lease Accounting organization) to ensure standard practices are in place and information is available for decision making.
• Assist in the development, implementation, communication and training of applicable accounting policies.
Education and Experience required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position): • Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• Certified Public Accountant designation (preferable)
• Public accounting; public company experience (preferable)
• 4+ years of hands-on experience in accounting and finance roles of increasing responsibility
• Experience in a more than $0.5 billion, global company
• Strong background in accounting and leased assets
• Must possess knowledge of US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
• Experience in effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills capable of interacting with staff, peers, and senior leadership competently and effectively
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.