This management position supports Stericycle’s Continuous Improvement programs by ensuring project tasks, action plans and deliverables are produced and executed in a timely manner. This role also maintains established collaboration channels, ensures reports are updated and maintained, and assists in coordinating large CI events and cross-functional meetings. This position supervises CI PMO Project Managers and Coordinators.
Key Job Activities
Support and ensure that the Continuous Improvement Managers in the field are equipped with the necessary tools and support to be successful with their projects and initiatives. This includes:
• Reviewing and approving materials to use within our organizational CI strategy / deployment
• Managing a central depository of different templates and tools that are approved by the PMO to use in our deployment strategy
• Ensuring compliance with our workforce management tool to ensure project /initiatives are properly captured and tracked including their specific year-over-year EBIT contributions
• Providing the roll up of our executive reporting tools and ensuring they are delivered on-time and accurate
Assist in updating CI event results, data preparation and reporting prior / post CI event. Assist with activities related to action plans, and communication of results from various CI events and initiatives. Partner with CI Managers to ensure that established standard work is followed and maintained.
2) Team Management:
• Supervises a team of support resources to assist with responsibilities of the overall team
• Ensures the coordination of activities completed by staff (e.g. CI event materials, meetings logistics, council facilitation) are completed on time and within scope
3) Project Planning
• Leads the coordination to define the requirements and scope for strategic projects.
• Schedules tasks, deadlines, and key milestones to ensure projects are delivered on time and within scope. Looks for ways to mitigate resource constraints and other risks, associated with the timeline.
3) Project Reporting
• Meets with business sponsors on a regular basis to communicate project progress and discuss issues.
• Resolves issues with the appropriate level of management.
• Effectively manages “scope creep” by building consensus about the necessity to change the original project plan.
4) Project Analysis • Analyze and interpret complex production and processes.
• Partner with key business stakeholders to identify opportunities, present ideas, and make recommendations based upon analysis to further business goals.
5) Other related duties as required or requested.
•Education equivalent to College Degree in Business, Engineering, Logistics, or other related field, or equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating strong organizational and change management skills.
•Five or more years of relevant business or project management experience required, demonstrating the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
•LEAN certification preferred.
•Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, Visio, Outlook, and Access.
•Demonstrates the ability to lead cross-functional teams.
•Demonstrates strong business vocabulary, grammar, and communication skills.
•Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
•Deals openly and honestly with people in all levels of the organization while building credibility and maintaining trust. Is perceived by others as being helpful and supportive.
•Demonstrates the ability to be a self-starter who can utilize strong problem solving skills to generate creative solutions to complex issues.
•Demonstrates the ability to identify specific activities required to accomplish objectives, rank them in order of importance, and coordinate and take action to achieve desired results. Prioritize multiple activities and projects.
•Demonstrates the ability to interact and participate effectively in a team environment; actively listen, confront issues and provide feedback to others on the team as well as internal and external customers, in a courteous and timely manner.
•Demonstrates the ability to function independently; resolve problems without direction.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.