Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for managing the service area collections team, in-cluding hiring, terminations, performance management and training.
- Administers and interprets company credit and collection policies for the service area customer base.
- Works closely with cross functional departments to minimize credit risk and delinquent dollars and communicates account status information to appropriate parties.
- Leads the effort to attain individual and team goals.
- Makes every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop qualified, diverse workforce.
- Establishes and communicates performance standards and objectives; conducts performance appraisals.
- Recommends salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
- Monitors operations and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
- Counsels and develops employees on educational and job opportunities, which will enhance their career development, and keeps staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting periodic meetings.
- Administers all Company policies and procedures, communicates to staff, interprets, as necessary, and ensures compliance.
- Monitors and ensures that employees are performing their functions safely and productively. Makes recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries.
- Monitors department work productivity, reports on trends, and recommends and implements changes to continually improve work productivity.
- Escalates any legal conditions of the customer base; bankruptcy, converted bankruptcy chapters, receiverships, proofs of claim, and preferential claims.
- Assesses team’s skills and knowledge in order to provide training, guidance, and development, ensuring that the team has been trained properly and has the tools to perform their job. Addresses factors to avoid reoccurrence of bad debt. Seeks methods to minimize credit risk by identifying root cause.
- Continually assess portfolio/portfolio alignment and credit and collections reporting.
- Reviews, recommends and implements efficiencies regarding departmental procedures and customer payment patterns ensuring they are appropriate to departmental goals and corporate objectives and procedures.
- Point of contact for final approval and placement of accounts with external agencies, i.e. collection agency. Documents, supports, and validates prior efforts were taken and sufficient to warrant placement with collection agency.
- Evaluates account status to initiate credit suspension and pursues appropriate action with customers and sales force to ensure payment is received on high risk and critical status customers. Appraises situation once resolved to determine credit risk and terms.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Education equivalent to college degree, with an emphasis in business management, accounting, banking and finance, or liberal arts, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating a thorough knowledge of Credit & Collections policies and procedures.
- Five or more years of Credit & Collections experience, demonstrating a thorough understanding of bankruptcy and collection law, internal Aging Reports, and familiarity with credit analysis skills.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and must be able to type a minimum of 40 wpm.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide guidance to individuals and groups towards the accomplishment of meaningful goals that support business goals; build on strengths; provide encouragement and recognize accomplishments.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide direction and instruction on action plans to meet performance goals and objectives; gives specific feedback on performance; provides support, and follows up.
- Demonstrates the ability to present ideas and information in a clear, concise, organized and diplomatic manner; listen to others to respond effectively to ideas and questions.
- Demonstrates the ability to deal openly and honestly with internal and external customers while building credibility and maintaining trust. Exhibits empathy and sensitivity for the needs of customers. Is perceived by others as being helpful and supportive.
- Demonstrates the ability to remain focused on facts rather than personal opinion and discusses issues with others in a manner that leads to agreement or resolution of conflicts.
- Demonstrates the ability to make sound and thorough decisions after reviewing the facts, incorporating perspectives of others, applying technical knowledge, past experience, and incorporating company policy.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage own time, activities, and resources. Identify specific activities required to accomplish objectives, rank them in order of importance, and coordinate and take action to achieve desired results. Prioritize multiple activities and projects.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify root causes of problems and create new solutions to non-routine problems; identify inefficient business work processes and recommend technological solutions to improve; consider the impact and application of proposed solutions on other projects, work units, or business in-formation problems.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact and participate effectively in a team environment; actively listen, confront issues and provide feedback to others on the team as well as internal and external customers, in a courteous and timely manner.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.