Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. Be our newest team member!
Under general supervision, reviews and approves submitted inbound Waste Material Profiles used to determine proper handling, consolidation and disposal of customers’ waste materials in accordance with all applicable regulations and Stericycle policies, practices and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receives from Sales and/or customer service new and/or recertified incoming waste Material Profiles and reviews to ensure accuracy and completeness of information. Communicates with Stericycle Sales and Customer Service as well as external customers to resolve questions or information discrepancies.
o Reviews all Regulatory information to insure compliance at all levels. Works with sales to modify, citing appropriate regulation(s)
o Ensures waste material is acceptable within limitations of Part B permit; if not acceptable works with Regional Material Manager to identify alternative options.
• Enters codes for agreed upon treatment technologies and processes based on standardized coding system for received inbound Waste Material Profiles.
• Processes profile approvals within agreed time frames per the published Service Level Agreement.
• Promotes standardized use of Stericycle process codes and disposal technologies across the division.
• Assists in training and mentoring team members and others.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
• Customer Satisfaction
• Productivity and Efficiency
• Knowledge growth
EDUCATION/CREDENTIALS: • Bachelor’s degree preferred with emphasis on Chemistry, Environmental or Engineering studies or equivalent job experience.
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE: • 1-3 years of related job experience; with some regulatory and chemical knowledge preferred DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proficient with all Federal and State regulations as they apply to the waste materials submitted for approval. • Knowledgeable of and can apply that knowledge to Stericycle TSDF operating permits and 10 day operating permits Waste Analysis Plans (WAP)
• Knowledgeable of and can apply Stericycle process coding system and available treatment technologies
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills, including conflict resolution skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Firm working knowledge of Federal and State regulations; including EPA, DOT and OSHA, especially Texas regulations
• Strong computer adaptation skills
• Ability to follow procedures
• Team player
• Strong ability to lead and mentor others
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: • Office Environment
Will report to Stericycle Houston facility