We are currently seeking a Senior Consolidation Analyst to be based out of our Lake Forest, IL office. This position will reporting to the Director of Consolidations and Management Reporting at Stericycle. The Senior Consolidation Analyst is considered a highly visible position within Stericycle and will be primary responsible for the coordination, preparation and delivery of accurate, consistent and timely Stericycle consolidated financial results.
Key job responsibilities:
- Prepare and distribute specified consolidated financial statements and other internal reports.
- Process and review specified and recurring global consolidation adjustments and eliminations. Perform key financial close validation activities including reconciliations and process monitoring. Monitor global close activities ensuring timely completion based upon the close calendar.
- Review, identify and explain unusual financial statement fluctuations, and coordinate corrective action if appropriate. Present key financial drivers for fluctuations in consolidated financial statement results to executive management inclusive of Corporate Controllership and Financial Planning and Analysis.
- Monitor legal entity investment and share capital activity (acquisitions, divestitures, loans, capitalizations, liquidations, mergers, dividends, etc.) to ensure that transactions are appropriately recorded at both a legal entity and consolidated level.
- Participate in Legal Entity Reviews.
- Participate in Monthly Management Reviews
- Execute SAP/BPC application related activities include period closing activities, rationalization and coordination, financial data mapping, and reporting changes.
- Ensure financial controls and procedures are in place and operating efficiently, by participating actively in their operation while continuously increasing efficiency, automation and timeliness.
- Liaise with global accounting and finance teams to coordinate consolidation activities and reporting request such as preparing and distributing close calendars and instructions to global accounting and finance. Provide related training and guidance as appropriate.
- Provide assistance to internal and external auditors during the reviews and audits.
- Assist with SEC reporting (8-K, 10-Q, 10-K).
- Government reporting (Census Bureau information requests).
- Perform ad hoc analyses and project-based initiatives which support Consolidations group goals and as requested by senior management
- Establish and maintain a continuous improvement culture/posture including establishing mythologies, prioritization, influencing and sponsoring initiatives originating from the controllership and active leadership/participation/execution on broader corporate/business unit initiatives (e.g. Business Transformation established in 2017).
- Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or the equivalent in related work experience.
- Three or more years of general accounting, with SEC reporting experience preferred.
- Demonstrating a good understanding of GAAP, month-end closing process, general ledger accounts, and financial statement consolidation. Attainment of CPA Designation or MBA a plus.
- International experience preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills desired.
- Spanish language proficiency a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.