Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!
The Lead Shredding Specialist is a member of the local operations team and is responsible for receiving, segregating and loading waste paper into a paper shredder as well as various traditional warehouse support duties. The Lead coordinates the parking of all trucks in preparation for the next day and must be a team player and contribute to a safe and harmonious work environment as a leader and an expert in their field.
- Unloads shredded paper, media, and product from Shred-it’s trucks nightly.
- Operates and maintains all machinery at the branch.
- Ensures all paper bales are staged and loaded for shipment as required.
- Performs shredding operations in support of Shred-it’s off-site shredding program.
- Safeguards plant hardware and equipment by locking and activating security systems.
- Operates forklifts and performs preventative maintenance as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe working area according to Shred-It and NAID standards.
- Ensures that truck shredding compartments and cabs are cleaned nightly in accordance with company guidelines.
- Performs weekly, monthly and yearly preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Maintains supplies for plant operations.
- Maintains a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to Shred-it operations, following the company’s policies and procedures at all times and bringing the manager's attention to any areas of concern.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment preferred.
- Basic knowledge of forklift truck driving and maintenance.
- Six (6) months as a certified forklift driver preferred.
- Effective verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly express self in one-on-one and group situations and presentations.
- Demonstrates attentiveness and the ability to understand the oral communications of others through active listening skills.
- Self-starter who exhibits initiative, motivation and self-discipline to achieve goals, including those beyond standard expectations.
- Must be able to work independently, think before acting and make sound judgments.
- Ability to handle all situations (e.g., time pressure, deadlines, task difficulty, etc.) with dignity and poise.
- Maintain social, ethical and organizational norms with integrity.
- Ability to achieve tasks and objectives through concern for all areas involved, no matter how small.
- Ability to work well in a team environment; always willing to assist other partners.
- Ability to be counted on to meet deadlines, carry out tasks and keep commitments.
- Ability to develop alternative courses of action and make decisions based on logical assumptions and reflecting factual information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.