Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!The Plant Supervisor is responsible for establishing, monitoring, and maintaining a high level of productivity and efficiencies on each of the operating shifts at the plant and monitors and maintains regulatory and safety compliance as we strive for maximum production.
This is a full-time, 2nd shift position with a 4pm start time, Monday-Friday. Overtime and weekends required as needed. Key Job Activities
- Ensures all plant personnel perform their tasks safely while utilizing all PPE and other safety equipment at all times.
- Maintains regulatory compliance within the plant and plant yard.
- Maintains and manages plant processing supplies consisting of PPE, uniforms, cleaning material, processing chemicals, etc., to ensure that adequate inventories are always available.
- Ensures plant employees and shift supervisors maintain productivity standards in all phases of their operations.
- Reviews shift productivity to identify maximum efficiencies and operational opportunities. Initiates actions to assure timely resolution of identified hazards or unsafe conditions or practices.
- Trains all new plant and temp personnel and provides monthly training of all current plant personnel, as required or requested, including safety and compliance.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction, either internally or externally.
- Coordinates customer needs by adhering to a defined processing schedule.
- Interfaces proactively with personnel to achieve business goals. As part of periodic facility audits, reviews of applicable regulatory paperwork, e.g., biological testing, WW testing, etc.
- Monitors daily performance of plant employees, directly or within guidance, providing feedback (including growth opportunities).
- Influences hiring and firing decisions and disciplinary procedures.
- Assists in resolving plant problems and issues between sales, drivers, and plant/maintenance employees.
- Maintains overall cost control of the plant.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two or more years of related experience or training, or combination of experience and training, demonstrating strong communication skills and tact in providing superior service in a variety of settings and situations.
- Two or more years of industry related experience as a supervisor or the equivalent in related work experience (management).
- Must be flexible, goal orientated, results driven, focused, and have the ability to meet goals and deadlines on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of barcode scanning and basic computer skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Hazardous Materials and OSHA Regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.