Is it important that you work for a reputable and environmentally-conscious company? Are you driven by making a positive impact in a dynamic and flexible environment? Do you get excited about the opportunity to drive process improvements? If so, Stericycle is just what you’re looking for! Apply now to start the conversation and become our Newest Team Member!
The primary goal of Manager, Global Release & Testing is to protect and manage the movement of releases through the build, test and production environments by ensuring there is a proper structure in place to allow the company to scale efficiently. This role is responsible to lead the development and deployment of Stericycle’s release practices, test methodologies, and tools across IT, globally.
The role leads the SAP quality assurance testing function, which is a part of Monarch – Stericycle’s ERP transformation program. The role is required to lead the deployment of Test Management resources based on priorities established by the IT Leadership Team. As a Change Agent, the Test Management Lead must use facilitation and interpersonal skills to inspire cultural change and continuous process improvement. Key Job Activities:
Manage the quality assurance function of the Monarch ERP transformation program.
Create and maintain an integrated test environment (Development and QA) ensuring data integrity.
Orchestrate integration testing across all Monarch Teams. This includes SAP configuration and development, and interfaces with legacy systems and data conversions.
Ensures that all testing documentation and test cases are developed and maintained.
Manage the prioritization and creation of automated test scripts.
Design, troubleshoot and coordinate the use of complex test environments.
Develop automated functional and performance test scripts from Process Team and Test Integration specifications.
Provide reporting from the execution of automated testing.
Perform load, stress and performance testing for both batch and online transactions.
Identify and document software faults and interact with the development staff to isolate and resolve testing and quality issues.
In addition to the above, the role is also responsible to:
• Develop common strategies for release & testing governance.
• Establish a globally consistent release & test management practices designed to improve the quality of IT products and services.
• Track an enterprise-wide release calendar.
• Inform senior management of enterprise-wide exposure to release risk & effectively mitigate it.
• Measure release cadence & effectiveness using common metrics across entire software portfolio.
• Forecast demand for release & testing resources and identify opportunities for greater efficiency across the enterprise.
• Educate and influences the organization to follow and continuously improve release testing processes.
• Ensures that all environment landscapes are appropriate to support the execution of release-based testing.
• Investigate and implement automated testing tools.
• Facilitate Service Level Agreements with both IT and the business as it relates to software testing and QA.
• Network with senior management in the industry to benchmark best practices and establish partnerships as appropriate.
• Manage the evaluation and introduction of new testing tools and repositories to assist in the automation of the testing process.
• Interact extensively with vendors and QA peer groups.
• Provide consulting and training in release & testing disciplines and tools.