Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!
We are currently seeking a Dispatcher to provide a timely response to customers' inquiries up to and including pick-ups, schedules, product orders, and all other aspects of a customer’s needs. The Dispatcher dispatches vehicles on a pre-set route for each driver on a daily basis in the interest of efficient customer service.
This is s full-time position, and the work schedule will be Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor, manage and assist with sales and customer request cases.
- Assist Customer Service with customer requests, route changes, rescheduling pickups and missed stops.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all customers in line with Customer 1st objectives.
- Build and print routes for drivers on a daily basis, including but not limited to shipping documents, route sheets, barcode labels.
- Dispatch drivers for extra or missed pick-ups.
- Reviews driver’s paperwork (VCR and log book) and files paperwork.
- Review and update routes and reroute existing customers as required.
- Debrief drivers in accordance with written SOPs.
- Ensure that routes are balanced and accepted on a daily basis.
- Forward VCR (Vehicle Condition Report) reports to Transportation Supervisor/Manager for maintenance request.
- Assist drivers with problems as issues arise (during the day or at the end of the route).
- Prepare, review and stamp all manifests.
- Assist Trans Supervisor/Manager as needed/directed.
DT Maintenance and Repair Team Member Development:
- Communicate performance standards and objectives.
- Monitor operations and work of all route Team Members.
- Keep staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting professional, organized, and participative meetings.
- Monitor Company policies and procedures, communicate to staff, as necessary.
- Maintain a safe and compliant workplace at all times.
- In the absence of a manager/supervisor, monitor and ensure that employees are performing their functions safely and productively.
- Make recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries.
- Education equivalent to graduation from high school, or GED equivalent; some college preferred.
- Two or more years of Transportation/Logistic experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrates the ability to work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self or others.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications to include spreadsheets and word processing.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.