We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Supervisor to supervise the staff that processes and maintains accounts payable transactions; ensures data integrity of financial information, safeguards company assets, and maintains internal controls in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Identifes; developes and utilizes metrics to evaluate team output and prioritize resources. Hires, leads, trains, develops and supports team members for rotation of and backup for all job functions.
• Sustain workplace organization with effective, efficient and timely processes & standardization. Identify opportunities to improve and enhance processes within the department.
• Process and monitors expenditures to ensure customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction will include accurate and timely fi-nancial data, appropriate and timely reimbursements, and timely and professional communication. Reconciles and troubleshoots more complex vendor statements, accounts payable issues and/or batches.
• Maintains and supports accounting and accounting control procedures. Trains and supports field and departmental team members with accounts payable questions, proper expense coding, document processing, and other accounts payable related activities.
• Generates and safeguards cash disbursements to ensure accurate, appropriate, and timely distribution.
• Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Education & Experience:
• Education equivalent to two years of college or technical school with an educational focus in accounting, finance, or related field, and resulting in an Associate’s degree. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the responsibilities of the job.
• Four or more years of accounting experience with emphasis in accounts payable. Demonstrates a good knowledge of management practices. Supervisory experience preferred but not required.
• Demonstrate understanding of & ability to proficiently interpret, apply, & explain commonly used accounts payable concepts, practices, and procedures. Demonstrate general knowledge of basic accounting process flows & concepts.
• Prior experience with Solomon preferred but not required. Demonstrate good general computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.