This position is responsible for managing the Accounts Payable Process (manual and automated vendor invoice and payment processing) for multiple business units as part of the Corporate Shared Services group. This role will also lead their Team in continuous improvement, development and customer focused opportunities:
- Selects, trains, and develops an effective and efficient staff
- Makes every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop qualified, diverse workforce geographically dispersed over multiple locations
- Establishes and communicates performance standards and objectives; conducts performance appraisals
- Recommends salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals
- Monitors operations and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources
- Counsels team members on educational and job opportunities, which will enhance their career development, and keeps staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting periodic meetings
- Administers all Company policies and procedures, communicates to staff, interprets, as necessary, and ensures compliance and safety
- Monitors and ensures that team members are performing their functions safely and productively. Makes recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries
- Monitors department work productivity, reports on trends, and recommends and implements changes to continually improve work productivity.
- Develops staff and /or supervisors, if applicable, particularly in the management techniques of planning, organizing, leading and controlling through continue coaching and feedback on performance. Reviews Invoice Processing and Payment Generation productivity and takes corrective action, when necessary
- Identifies, creates and implements processing changes to improve productivity and accuracy
- Reviews and approves more complex payment transactions/account reconciliations. Analyzes various payment channel activity and team productivity. Identify trends and takes appropriate action to changing business needs and environment
- Manages and builds an effective business relationship with the disbursement vendors. Collaborates with Treasury and with relationship bankers to streamline processes
- Partners with other Corporate Shared Services managers and cross functional management teams on various financial and vendor relationship impacting projects and activities
- Performs other related duties as required or requested
- Education equivalent to BA, BS Degree in Business or the equivalent in work related experience, demonstrating a good knowledge of management practices
- Five or more years of accounting/finance/general business experience required, demonstrating a good knowledge of automated accounting systems. Cash applications and/or cash lockbox experience preferred
- Demonstrates a good working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of products.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.