Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!We are in need of a local Regulated Medical Waste Route Driver who will be responsible for servicing assigned LQ (Large Quantity) and SQ (Small Quantity) accounts in the most professional way, ensuring that customers’ needs are met on a continual basis for various waste pickups and supply deliveries. The Route Driver will provide the highest level of customer service at all times.
This is a full-time, 1st shift position, Monday-Friday. 3am until route is complete. Qualified CDL A and B Drivers will be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ waste is picked up in a timely and accurate manner.
- Picks up and transports waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
- Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Transportation Manager or Dispatcher.
- May prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the day ensuring enough supplies are added.
- Picks up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day.
- Ensures each customer has packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations before transporting.
- Provides the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
- Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
- Ensures assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Manager or Dispatcher for processing. Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
- Communicates with Transportation Manager and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc., and reports any problems with accounts before close of business each day.
- Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day.
- Reports any maintenance problems to Dispatcher for follow-up.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- CDL A or B required.
- Demonstrates the ability to read a map, interact professionally with various levels of internal/external customers, and portray a strong professional demeanor and attitude at all times and in all situations.
- Two or more years of customer service experience required.
- A minimum of 6 months route-type work required.
- Current and valid drivers license required with an excellent driving record.
- Demonstrates good computer skills and knowledge of intranet.
- Maintains current Medical Examiner’s Certification (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
- Must be able to exert up to 150 pounds of force occasionally and up to 60 pounds of force frequently and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, push or pull carts weighing as much as 500 pounds.
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.