Under direction, this position is responsible for the collection of delinquent balances of customers within a predetermined business segment aligned to a geographic location:
- Initiates correspondence (verbal or written) to customers and field sales to enhance corporate cash flow. Ensures that the departmental Days Sales outstanding (DSO) goal is achieved. Presents a positive and service oriented attitude to internal and external customers to maintain and improve customer relationships.
- Recommends efficiencies regarding departmental procedures and customer payment patterns ensuring they are appropriate to departmental goals and objective attainment.
- Analyzes Portfolios, identify customers that require placement with third party collections, bankruptcy processes, submits credits and rebills, manual billing, and write-off preparation. Customers are only placed with external agency once internal efforts have been exhausted.
- Evaluates account status to initiate credit suspension and pursues action with customer and sales force to ensure payment. Will appraise situation once resolved to potentially reinstate credit terms.
- Identifies causes for customer deductions, recommends operational changes that reduce/eliminate reoccurring deductions.
- Secures proof of delivery in order to substantiate services were rendered.
- Provides training and mentoring capabilities to new hires. Will serve as a role model to internal and external customers to display professionalism and a Stericycle “can do” attitude.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Education equivalent to Associates Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Banking & Finance, or Liberal Arts, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating a working knowledge of collection rules and regulations and aging procedures.
- Two or more years of experience as a collector, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating a working knowledge of collection policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Demonstrates the ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.