Is it important that you work for a reputable and environmentally-conscious company? Are you driven by making a positive impact in a dynamic and flexible environment? Do you get excited about the opportunity to drive process improvements? If so, Stericycle is just what you’re looking for! Apply now to start the conversation and become our Newest Team Member!
We are currently seeking a Database Administrator to assist in the installation, security, performance monitoring and maintenance of the SQL Servers. Ensures consistent and reliable data throughout the Company’s relational database systems. Provides production and development support for Stericycle’s Microsoft SQL Server database environment and related applications. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Coordinates assigned database activities including database replication, data population, performance monitoring and tuning, backups and recovery, and SQL Server upgrades.
• Assists in administering Stericycle’s distributed SQL Server database environment, which includes over 150 SQL Servers distributed throughout North America.
• Provide production and development support, take part in database and process design, provide recommendation on best practices, troubleshoot issues, and take part in production deployments.
• Provides technical and functional support to end-users.
• Take part in the 24 by 7 on call rotation.
• Performs other related duties as required or requested.
Education & Experience: Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology Curriculum, or the equivalent in related work experience. Demonstrates good knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft SQL Server database administration. Three or more years of proven experience with database administration in the Microsoft SQL Server environment, demonstrating a good knowledge of database software and operating systems. Demonstrated experience in the following is required:
• Microsoft SQL Server SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2017
• SQL Server Integration Services
• Thorough Knowledge of Transact SQL
• Ability to write, review, and troubleshoot stored procedures.
• Microsoft Windows 2000 or higher
• Microsoft Office 2000 or higher Demonstrated experience in the following is preferred:
• SQL Server Reporting services
• SQL Sentry
Ideally a candidate to have experience in AlwayOn clusters and a basic understanding of SQL Server Analysis Services