Stericycle is seeking a Data Governance Manager to lead and manage organization-wide governance activities for core data domains. This individual will split their time between our Chicago and Bannockburn offices.
The position will manage a team of data stewards, and will have responsibility for monitoring, approving, and improving the quality and protection of data and information assets, in order to meet overall business needs.
The position will be responsible for establishing and ensuring adherence to a data governance framework for data policies, standards, and practices with the business.
• Establish an enterprise data governance roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
• Roll out an organization-wide data governance framework, with a focus on data quality and the protection of sensitive data utilizing data policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture
• Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of core information assets
• Act as a liaison between the business and technology areas to ensure that data-related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
• Develop & maintain inventory of the enterprise information assets, including authoring systems, owners, approvers and stewards
• Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise
• Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a major services organization, with large-scale data or project management experience
• 3 years in a management role, directly managing either employees or a full-time project team
• Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
• Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
• Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
• Bachelors or Masters in Data Science, Computer Science, MIS, or Information Management
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.