Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!
We are currently seeking a Plant Worker who will ensure all waste is unloaded from vehicles, the vehicles are decontaminated, and the waste is properly staged for scanning and processing. The individual will perform the duties in a safe and productive manner.
This is a full-time position, and the following shifts are available:
2nd shift is 2pm-10pm, Monday through Friday with rotating Saturdays and Sundays.
3rd shift is 12midnight–8am, Sunday night through Thursday night with rotating Saturdays.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform Quality Control duties to ensure process compliance.
- Ensure Load Plans are accurate and complete.
- Maintain and complete daily documents required.
- Track sharps shipping manifests for completion.
- Unload waste from incoming vehicles.
- Stage waste containers for scanning in the Bio Track system.
- Scan waste into the Bio Track system for proper recordkeeping purposes.
- Decontaminate vehicles cargo-carrying portion, reload assigned re-usable tubs and ensure cargo-carrying portion of vehicle does not have free liquid on the floor. Informs plant supervisor the vehicle is ready to be moved from dock area.
- Ensure housekeeping issues are addressed immediately, e.g., spills cleaned up, floor is dry, debris is not on floor, etc.
- Assist in other areas of the plant operation as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and tact.
- Demonstrates knowledge of barcode scanning and basic computer skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of hazardous materials and OSHA regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate a powered industrial truck, e.g., forklift.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.