This role will be responsible for taking incoming customer orders via the telephone and website and resolving customer questions and issues. In addition, this role will have the responsibility to inform customers about additional product lines. These duties are primarily performed at the representative’s designated work location.
- Assists Stericycle customers with placing their orders and enters the orders into the order entry system.
- Coordinates with other internal departments to obtain information needed to accurately process customer orders and respond to customer inquiries.
- Ensures timely response to customers regarding their orders, requests for information, or solving a problem with an order.
- Verifies all aspects of the item ordered including researching customer status as needed.
- Exhibits professional and courteous telephone demeanor, accuracy and adherence to Stericycle company policies and practices
- Handles other tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience Required (including certifications and/or software requirements for the position):
- High School Education required or GED. Some college or an Associate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of customer service or sales experience preferred.
- Experience in the Healthcare industry preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to conduct business with customers in a courteous manner.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute and has general knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and CIB.
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task and handle customer questions and problems in a calm and tactful manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and understand customer needs; takes appropriate actions to ensure customer needs are met and proactively search for ways to increase customer satisfaction.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.