• Aggressively sell document destruction services to prospective customers in a specific territory.
• In conjunction with the District Sales Manager, develop and set specific and measurable sales targets on a monthly and annual basis.
• Develops and maintains a pipeline of opportunities for the assigned territory.
• Develops and maintains a sales strategy for the assigned territory.
• Maintains a personal level of expertise of Shred-it services and competitive solutions.
• Develops customer lead activity through telephone and door-to-door cold-calling, appointment setting and direct mail campaigns.
• Participates in all sales and other training provided by Shred-it.
• Implements and demonstrates best practices to sell Shred-it solutions to prospective and existing customers.
• Participates in special projects and promotional campaigns under the direction of the District Sales Manager.
• Reports daily activities and sales results to the District Sales Manager.
• Maintains a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to Shred-it operations, following the company’s policies and procedures at all times and bringing the manager's attention to any areas of concern.
• Liaises with customers to understand their requirements with respect to products and services that the business currently offers or is planning to offer.
• Establishes personal relationships with current and potential customers in the assigned territory.
• Serves as a Helpful Expert in exceeding customer expectations on a regular basis.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a strong sales pipeline
• Strong prospecting and business development skills
• Demonstrated expertise in initiating and managing successful business-to-business sales and service relationships
• Strong and polished professional communication skills, negotiating abilities and excellent phone etiquette
• Strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, CRM systems and internet/social media
• Results oriented with a sense of urgency; motivated by success
• Able and prepared to travel within a defined, local territory on a daily basis; minimal long distance travel is required
• Minimum of 1 year prior sales experience is highly preferred
• Experience selling in a business-to-business environment involving varying sales cycles and multiple levels of decision makers is highly preferred
• Experience in a high volume / high transaction industry is highly preferred
• Post-secondary education (College or University Degree) is strongly desired
• Experience using Salesforce or other similar CRM and SAP is an advantage but not required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.