Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!
The Shred-it Route Driver, also known as the Customer Security Representative, is responsible for providing industry leading levels of service to our clients while taking care of all customer document destruction needs. The integrity of every Customer Security Representative is essential to maintaining goodwill and building new bonds of trust with our clients. The Customer Security Representative is a member of the Operations team and plays an integral role as the face of Shred-it. The Customer Security Representative maintains Shred-it's policies, standards, and practices and ensures adherence to Shred-it’s Vision, Mission and Values.
This is a full-time, 1st shift position with a 4x10 work schedule that includes working 4 weekdays between Monday and Friday, 10 hours on each of those days. 3 days off each week! Early morning start times vary based on the day's route.
- Performs onsite/offsite document destruction of confidential information using mobile based shredding equipment.
- Operates company equipment in a safe and efficient manner in an effort to minimize the risk of injury and equipment damage.
- Maintains a high level of security when emptying consoles by ensuring all documents are retrieved, bags are placed and the consoles are securely locked.
- Services customer locations in a manner that least interrupts the client’s business.
- Services accounts using a hand-held device, providing customers a printed certificate of destruction upon completion of each service.
- Operates mobile shredder to conduct on-site shredding daily.
- Transports documents from client locations daily to be destructed offsite.
- Maintains a clean and safe working area; especially around the baling machine.
- Ensures that truck shredding compartment and cab is cleaned and organized at all times in accordance with company guidelines.
- Performs mandated daily safety and maintenance checks on truck and shredder equipment.
- Conducts daily check-in with Service Manager to review route completion and efficiencies.
- Complies with all local, state and federal laws governing driver fitness and hours of service.
- Completes and maintains DOT logs when applicable.
- Understands and implements all Corporate and Document Management division policies and procedures that impact job responsibility.
- Follows all safety requirements as outlined in corporate policies.
- Maintains a responsible approach to all security and safety matters related to Shred-it operations, following the company’s policies and procedures at all times and bringing the manager's attention to any areas of concern.
- Handles and responds to all customer problems and inquiries expediently and in the best interest of both the customer and Shred-it.
- Develops and maintains a relationship with the account contact and decision maker to ensure contract renewals and prevent lost business.
- Completes all necessary paperwork accurately as required by company policy.
- Ensures that all customer containers have been serviced and are orderly and clean.
- Maintains cleanliness of truck interior and exterior.
- Always maintains personal appearance and truck presentation in accordance with policies. Presents the Shred-it image in appearance and actions as superior and professional.
- Serves as a Helpful Expert in exceeding customer expectations on a regular basis.
- Valid Driver’s License, as per state or provincial regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year of route transportation experience is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of truck maintenance.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 57 pounds repeatedly over the course of the day. Must have a clean driving record.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.