This position will work with other Stericycle development resources and key vendors to build new applications to enhance and extend Stericycle’s strategic enterprise systems. The position is responsible for application development and/or managing small to medium projects and providing guidance to other developers, as needed. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develops application programs, automated processes and other computer systems. May manage small to medium projects in this capacity.
• Design, develop, and test new software.
• Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement technical solutions.
• Prepare realistic development and testing schedules consistent with established department standards and priorities.
• Collaborate with colleagues to ensure successful implementation of changes to existing systems.
• Address support tickets from Lead Developer.
Education & Experience: Education equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating knowledge of data processing equipment, programming languages, programming techniques, operating systems, and test and data management. Five or more years of experience in system design and development in n-tier and client/server environments, coupled with two plus years developing within the Microsoft .NET environment. Demonstrates familiarity and some working knowledge of each of the following:
• Silverlight 4.0
• C#, ASP.NET, and the .NET 3.5/4 Framework
• MS SQL Server 2005/2008 technology and T/SQL
• Windows Communication Framework (WCF) and REST
• MS Visual Studio 2008/2010 and TFS
• Solid experience with Object Oriented Principles
• Developed applications using design patterns such as MVVM
• Experience with all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Advanced relational database design The following skills are desired:
• Automated unit testing tools such as Microsoft Test, NUnit or other
• Developing for Windows Mobile
• BizTalk 2006/2009
• Crystal Reports
• SQL Server Reporting and Integration Services 2005/2008
• PlanetPress 6