DevOps Engineers are team members of an agile development process. They are responsible for the implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, monitoring and configuration activities. Other responsibilities include requirements gathering, prototyping, architecting, implementing/updating solutions, and triaging, managing and fixing operational issues.
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with system architects and software engineers to deploy and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and ongoing operations. You will help troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, QA and production environments. You’ll also help us develop processes and documentation to improve the availability, security and reliability of our systems.
- Play a role in establishing operational processes for a fast-growing distributed cloud platform
- Design, develop, and improve infrastructure/architecture to achieve a multi-origin, zero-downtime, highly scalable system. This may include building requirements and use cases for new technologies which will aid in accomplishing the outlined task.
- Working with the development team, help usher in an automated release/deployment pipeline. Laying the groundwork for faster more complex deployments (currently manual and monthly)
- Monitor, analyze, and report performance statistics for cloud hosted environments including but not limited to the infrastructure, application and connectivity. Including but not limited to dashboards or other visualizations to identify and display poor performing or underutilized hardware.
- Help develop (and automate where possible) standard operating procedures
- Execute and Maintain Backup and DRP’s
- Respond to Outages
- Manage Active Directory
- Produce technical diagrams on system behavior, architecture designs, process flows etc.
- Working with the security architect to secure servers against intrusion and ensure security of hosted systems by monitoring and maintaining security access to systems.
- Understand business requirement and implications on each project to support design decisions
- Work under minimal supervision and take ownership of delivery of assigned projects