Would you like to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally-conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow and develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off, paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k) with company match, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment and partnership. Be our newest team member!Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking a Swing Route Manager/Driver who will be responsible for servicing assigned LQ (Large Quantity) and/or SQ (Small Quantity) accounts in the most professional way, ensuring that customers’ needs are met on a continual basis for various waste pickup and supply delivery by providing the highest level of customer service possible at all times.
This is a full-time position, 1st shift. Morning start times vary depending upon the route be covered each day. Qualified CDL A and B Drivers will be considered.
- Transports waste from either a Stericycle location or customer location to a transfer location or processing location.
- Covers routes when other team members are on vacation, including those team members at remote transfer sites/states.
- May act as a trainer for new employees or existing employees with issues completing assigned duties as directed by management.
- Assists other drivers on long or heavy work days and/or work in the warehouse or processing plant as needed.
- Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ waste is picked up in a timely and accurate manner.
- Picks up and transports waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
- Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher.
- Prepares and loads trucks to service select accounts for the day ensuring enough supplies are added.
- Picks up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensures that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations before transporting.
- Provides the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Transportation Manager/Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
- Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
- Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing.
- Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
- Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc.
- Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service.
- Reports any problems/issues with accounts to Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day.
- Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two (2) or more years of customer service and route management experience required or applicably related experience.
- Completion of an accredited driving school or one (1) or more years of Commercial Driving experience required.
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
- Maintains current required driver’s license with an excellent driving record; CDL Class A preferred but not required; at least a Class B is required.
- Must be able to obtain a Medical Examiner’s Certificate from a doctor approved by Stericycle.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
- Must have the flexibility to change daily job duties with little or no notice.
- Ability to travel to other districts with little or no notice.
- Ability to read a map.
- Good computer skills and internet savvy.
- Customer focused, good work ethic, strong values, excellent interpersonal skills, trustworthy, and possesses management skills and the ability to prioritize and organize.
- Skilled at dealing with ambiguity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.