Position Purpose: The QA/QC Technician is responsible for the characterization, research and possible packing of waste. Position must characterize waste from customer sites through the use of Safety Data Sheets, lab analysis and further research with available tools and materials. Also will be tasked to maintain databases, HWIN responsibilities and WMS/EMS programs.
Key Job Activities:
Create, maintain and manage all Waste Vendor disposal profiles as contained in the WMS soft-ware system as amended.
· Maintain the 100% accuracy of all data records, exclusive of sell prices and margins, as contained within the WMS database. Edit / modify entries as required.
· Guides, advises, and assists the Client Managers and support staff in the use and management of the WMS customer database
· Maintain knowledge of regulatory changes and act as a subject matter expert as related to the same.
· Provide chemical, waste and status reports as well as relevant regulatory reports as required.
· Maintain the data records contained in the Char DB characterization database. Add / modify entries as required
· Review, update and manage SDS database with all relevant waste streams and hazardous prod-ucts.
· Sampling inbound and outbound waste shipments as required
· Complete all required paperwork in a timely, professional and responsible manner.
· Completion of required reports with strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
· Assist with development and implementation of Environmental Management System/Warehouse Management System
· Conduct Waste Vendor and Recycler audits to ensure compliance to all regulations, company standards, and client requirements as requried.
· If required to operate a company vehicle must operate company owned vehicles in a professional and responsible manner
· Assist with maintenance of existing environmental approvals as well as applications for new permits as related to Stericycle’s Special Waste business in Canada
· Identify team functions and prepare for future needs.
· Other related duties as requested by direct supervisor
Education and Experience Required:
University or College degree in applicable field – Chemistry, environmental, biology (with some chemistry).
Two to three years of familiarity and practiced comprehension of applicable regulatory, governmental, and any other environmental legislation and practices.
Two to three years of familiarity and practiced comprehension of Transportation of Dan-gerous Goods.
Two to three years of experience in chemical and other material research and database maintenance through use of Computer programs, Internet and other resources, required.
Familiarity and ability to understand and interpret Safety Data Sheets.
Experience with WMS/EMS preferred.
Two to three years of experience in environmental classification, packing, other envi-ronmental positions.
Valid drivers’ license.
Comprehension of HWIN, WMS/EMS programs.
Lab Packing experience preferred.