*** 1st Shift ***
* Verifies the correct assembly at the in-process assembly stages as described in the applicable inspection plan.
* Performs physical inspection of the assembled product prior to the performance of any functional tests performed to verify safe completion of the product.
* Uses production control systems and generates reports for product documentation files.
* Performs the final inspection of the completed product, includes both a physical and documentation review.
* Confirms the modification status, ensuring compliance to the current requirements.
* Verifies the completion of the work instructions identified on the task control number (TCN).
* Verifies the correct configuration and identification of the end product.
* Reviews historical log records for completeness and accuracy.
* Prepares and completes all applicable release documentation following successful completion of the TCN instructions.
* Validates the certification on behalf of the company.
* Completes and validates non-conformance tag/material review board (NCT/MRB) documentation.
* Ensures compliance to the applicable quality procedures affecting the production process in the cell.
* Assists in troubleshooting technical problems within the cell.
* Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
* Performs other functions as assigned that do not conflict with the final inspection function.
* Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
* Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand.
* Qualified in the detail inspection function.
* Knowledgeable in the configuration and assembly of the products processed in the cell.
* Knowledgeable in the assembly methods and techniques used.
* Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments.
* Proficient in dimensional inspection techniques.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the applicable regulatory requirements relating to maintenance of aeronautical products.
* Knowledgeable on the documentation completion requirements.
* Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
* Knowledgeable in the quality requirements relating to the production process.
* Ability to complete the Quality Inspector Training & Development Plan.
* Proficient in decision making to ensure compliance to all customers, regulatory and company requirements.
* Proficient in communication skills.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.