Provides administrative support to the logistics transportation and inventory processes that support sales, purchasing, export compliance and accounting functions of the company, and USN CAVS/CAVAF application systems.
• Coordinates all shipments in a cost-effective manner in order to achieve customer requirements.
• Collate purchasing and inventory records (purchase orders, pack lists, receiving and support documentation)
• Ensures all required documentation is created, filed and retained for all incoming/outgoing shipments and inventory transactions
• Ensures both the auditing and payment of all freight invoices is handled in both a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Assists in the tracking and tracing of shipments, coordination of the exceptions and communication of these exceptions, with alternate delivery plans, to internal and external customers.
• Responsible for the daily maintenance, reporting, and upkeep of assigned government reporting systems
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Assist in cycle counting and material handling
• Ability to work in as part of a team as well as individually.
• Carries out special duties as assigned.
• Good planning, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Working knowledge of production management computer systems. Experience with government systems a plus (CAV/CAVAF).
• Preferred 3-5 years’ experience in supply chain, logistics, or inventory management
• Working knowledge of related company instructions and company processes.
• Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Ability to type 30-45 WPM.
• Working knowledge of a warehouse and transportation environment.
• Experience with international trade export & import, hazmat and DOT requirements as it relates to transportation a plus.
• Higher education in Supply Chain, Business Management, or Industrial Engineering a plus.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.