Provides quality assurance support for all company products and processes to ensure that the highest standards for quality are maintained. Monitors processes, develops improvements and interfaces with functional departments to achieve customer satisfaction and to resolve issues through cooperative methods.
• Manages the Corrective Action Request (CAR) system to drive on-time CAR completion and effectiveness.
• Monitors warranty procedures including investigation, root-cause, corrective action and follow-up to ensure that continuous improvement is occurring.
• Conducts internal audits on departments and business units to ensure compliance with company instructions and policies. Assists external auditors from various quality associations.
• Analyzes, evaluates and presents information concerning factors such as business situations, production capabilities, remanufacturing problems, statistical trends and proposed process changes. Reviews factors in light of quality of product and reliability of quality during production.
• Researches, compiles and reviews company procedures.
• Monitors, reviews and conducts sub-contractor audits in liaison with supplier development.
• Collects and analyzes quality data for the purpose of identifying trends with respect to non-conformance documents.
• Reports necessary information and offers solutions to production, materials and the company as a whole, to correct specification or process problems that are occurring.
• Encourages and facilitates continuous improvement activities in the business units.
• Reviews engineering changes, technical product changes and production build classification amendments.
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Carries out special projects as assigned
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks based on risk and organizational needs.
• Previous experience with inspection of product in an aviation environment
• Ability to write responses to customer complaints and effectively communicate with external parties regarding quality initiatives.
• Thorough knowledge of company instructions, company processes, quality and original equipment manufacturer manuals.
• Familiarity with FAA Part 145 certification requirements and other regulatory bodies.
• Thorough knowledge of AS9110 quality system requirements.
• Thorough knowledge of internal audit policies and procedures.
• Internal Auditor certification or experience with conducting/leading internal audits.
• Experience with facilitating root cause analysis meetings and the various root cause analysis tools
• Ability to analyze data and information to determine the necessary error proofing systems
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
• College diploma in science, technology, business; or equivalent experience.
• Experience in a manufacturing or aerospace environment.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.