Responsible for the leadership and oversight of an engineering group charged with support of a defined area of the San Antonio Operation. Direct reports will typically include 5 to 12 engineers/specialists. This position will be responsible for the maintenance of engineering related metrics; communicating status and priority; escalation and resolution of problems; and development of direct reports. The successful candidate will participate in developing and implementing policies and procedures at the site and advising on key strategic decisions.
• Meets on a recurring basis with their responsible team to assign tasks, set priorities, share information, and resolve constraints.
• Responsible for communicating the status of their team to operations and other functions as required, and identifying operational constraints to target for correction.
• Generates metrics over Key Performance Indicators, and developing corrective actions when metrics don’t meet site need.
• Participate in site functional meeting to develop action plans to set engineering policy and identify improvement targets.
• Manages engineering projects, ensures that projects are appropriately resources based on their priority. Escalates as required to support constraints as early as they are known.
• Monitors the progress of on-going projects, makes recommendations for improving the process to meet the needs of the end-users, performs job cost reporting, budget analysis and reporting of overall project control.
• Generates ideas for engineering initiatives to reduce cost, improve TAT, and improve quality/flight safety.
• Monitors the engineering budget for their group, and generates AOP submittals as required by finance.
• Spends a portion of their time performing the duties of an engineer within the group.
• Determines if assistance is required from outside contractors, initiates arrangements, provides technical data and assists contractors with related support services.
• Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development, performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline, health, safety and the general employee relations of direct reports.
• Carries out special projects as assigned.
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
• Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
• Thorough knowledge of company instruction, company process and quality manuals.
• University degree in an engineering discipline; or equivalent.
• Extensive experience in an engineering discipline, including supervisory experience.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.