Installs, maintains, troubleshoots, repairs and relocates stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment.
• Reads diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
• Installs stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
• Operates hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery.
• Troubleshoots, inspects and examines machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
• Adjusts machinery and repairs or replaces defective parts.
• Cleans, lubricates and performs other routine maintenance work on machinery.
• Constructs foundations for machinery.
• Assembles machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
• Schedules routine preventative maintenance work.
• Makes recommendations to management and engineering for improvement of preventative maintenance practices.
• Recommends replacement of equipment as required and assesses the condition of used equipment prior to purchase.
• Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
• Carries out other duties as assigned.
• Thorough knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and control systems.
• High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
• Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
• Ability to read, comprehend and follow company instructions and company processes.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
• Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Must be able to work day shift or second shift as required.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.