Provides overall direction for the business unit quality function through development, implementation and monitoring of policies and procedures consistent with organizational requirements and corporate standards. As a member of the business unit Strategic Group, directs quality activities on the business unit in order to improve the processes, procedures, methods and materials used in the repair and overhaul processes while ensuring product quality is maintained and striving for continuous improvements.
• Directs strategic business unit quality activities and resources including supervision and training of personnel, representing quality functions. Develops, implements and monitors business unit quality policies and procedures consistent with company and strategic business unit objectives.
• Continuously monitors quality data (warranty, product rectification, customer satisfaction, etc.) for improvement opportunities across the business unit. Leads the business unit strategic group on the selection and management of improvement initiatives.
• Develops and maintains an organizational structure on the business unit staffed with qualified personnel for the performance of quality activities.
• Manages the development and maintenance of methods and systems for measuring the degree by which the business unit’s quality goals, objectives and standards are being met.
• Leads the business unit quality audit and corrective action process by providing training, facilitation, recommendations and leadership, as required to achieve optimal results.
• Interfaces with marketing, operations and engineering to establish quality requirements on individual products and services on the basis of customer needs, the fit, form and function of the product, and to ensure that quality considerations are properly addressed as early as possible in the product or process design stage.
• Maintains currency on regulatory requirements and quality standards.
• Seeks new quality methodologies for implementation in support of business unit strategic initiatives.
• Ensures product quality conformance to requirements.
• Ensures a robust Safety Management System Culture is in place.
• Recognizes and understands flight/product safety critical parts and processes.
• Acts as the point of contact and Quality liaison to internal and external customers as well as regulatory bodies.
• Drives the ISO management system compliance from annual audits, corrective actions, to continual improvements and also maintains/facilitates the Document Control Process for all ISO documented procedures.
• Drives a root cause culture by facilitating the Corrective Action Review Board to ensure all corrective actions have root causes identified and eliminated.
• Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development, performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline, health, safety and the general employee relations of direct reports.
• Actively participates in the appropriate management team(s), assisting with the development and realization of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes.
• Carries out special projects as assigned.
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with Rolls-Royce T56 series III, 427, 427A, AE2100, GE F110 and/or J85 series preferred.
• Part 145 repair station experience required.
• Ability to understand, follow, interpret and apply company instructions, company processes and other internal procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of airworthiness certification requirements and other regulatory bodies applicable to business unit needs.
• Thorough knowledge of ISO 9000 quality system requirements.
• Thorough knowledge of internal audit policies and procedures.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook), SAP and Oracle.
• Working knowledge of production management computer systems.
• University degree in mechanical, industrial, or aerospace engineering; or equivalent.
• Several years leadership experience in a manufacturing or aerospace environment.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.