Manages and coordinates a broad range of materiel management and procurement activities within a defined production group in compliance with required output and quality standards. Provides leadership and planning on production objectives, scheduling, materiel usage, vendor selection and performance, budgets, manpower and equipment resources.
• Directs the inventory planning and scheduling process according to sales volume, production requirements and materials availability.
• Plans day-to-day operations, assigns manpower, authorizes overtime and controls costs.
• Carries out inventory control functions including balancing company goals (cost, quality and delivery), planning aggregate inventory, managing and developing incoming procurement channels, and developing inventory management data systems.
• Monitors materials and logistics measures of performance on a daily basis; makes adjustments as necessary to maintain delivery schedules. Manages complex materiel situations to yield EBIT and cash.
• Manages, plans and reports on the status of all inventory owned by the business unit.
• Cultivates relationships with outside original equipment manufacturer and vendor organizations.
• Coordinates and liaises with production, sales, engineering and customer service to ensure production standards and goals are achieved.
• Establishes and implements policies and procedures needed to achieve the business unit's strategic operating goals. Reviews and recommends updates to company instructions.
• Actively participates in the business unit management team, assisting with the development and realization of strategic plans, budgets, goals and outcomes. Represents materiel in business unit strategic discussions.
• Produces and maintains measures of performance to graphically display performance related strengths and weaknesses within the cell.
• Builds and develops team approaches to problem solving and continuous improvement concepts within the assigned area. Communicates and works with other business unit materiel leaders toward the aggregate organizational good.
• Monitors, controls and reports on the cell's capital expenditures in relation to budgeted amounts.
• Performs administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the cell, including the selecting of employees, pay administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation, organization goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the cell.
• Exercises authority in hiring, training, career development, performance appraisal, salary adjustments, promotion, discipline, health, safety and the general employee relations of direct reports.
• Carries out special projects as assigned.
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Good project management skills.
• Thorough knowledge of PC's in a Microsoft environment (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Thorough knowledge of inventory control, purchasing and production management computer systems.
• University bachelor's degree in business administration, commerce, engineering or a related discipline (APICS, ISM, CIM, CMA); or equivalent.
• Six to ten years of related experience in an inventory/procurement or manufacturing environment.
• US Department of Defense supply chain experience.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
• Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
• FAR 45 Government Property Rules
• Certified (DCMA/DCAA Approved) Purchasing System
• Contractor Purchasing System Review (CPSR)
• Certified Cost & Pricing Data
• Defense Priorities and Allocations System (DPAS)
• Small Business Administration
• Commercial Asset Viability – Air Force
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.