The program customer account leader coordinates with operations, engineering, materials, and Department of Defense (DOD) to ensure compliance with contractual requirements. Understands and implements solutions to maximize the customer experience while meeting internal program/business unit financial goals.
• Acts as an advocate for external and internal clients, demonstrating accountability and a commitment to excellence to both the DOD and the company.
• Provides innovative solutions to complex issues, influencing others to ensure customer satisfaction is maintained and company standards and profit margins are maximized.
• Provides team leadership and mentors, coaches, and empowers others to ensure transaction timelines are met or exceeded.
• Provides informal leadership within the business unit, demonstrating integrated thinking when solving problems and implementing continuous improvement practices.
• Adapts to change, demonstrating proactive thinking, assertiveness and initiative to identify potential issues/problems before they arise.
• Builds relationships with both the DOD and internal clients.
• Establishes performance goals and tracks progress to meeting goals through objective measurement and analytics (Measures of Performance/Metrics).
• Reads and interprets DOD program contract/legal documents to determine requirements for the creation and distribution of concise direction to internal team members (operations, engineering, finance etc.).
• Manages accounts through the practice of sound business judgment, targeting relevant information when analyzing situations and defending decisions.
• Receives, processes, and verifies engine/module/component induction information and/or customer orders for purchases using company systems and customer purchase orders to verify the accuracy of information/orders.
• Ensures customer requirements and expectations are confirmed, documented, and communicated to the appropriate team members for the business unit.
• Prepares, generates and distributes DOD reports, order acknowledgments, CDRL tracking, estimates and invoices. Compares engineering reports with estimates and invoices to proactively identify and addresses potential cost overruns; Determines estimate to invoice variances.
• Applies basic project management principles, identifying available resources, defining scope, developing timelines and budgets, analyzing cost-benefit and evaluating risk. Designs strategies to mitigate risk and influences buy-in from all stakeholders while applying continuous improvement principles.
• Initiates required actions for response to DOD service requests for work scope/order changes, including the maintenance of order information files. Communicates changes to the appropriate personnel by acting as a liaison with engineering, operations, logistics, materials, finance and contracts.
• Provides the DOD with product information including pricing, scheduling, delivery and/or back order availability and functionally equivalent part alternatives. Manages customer visits and acts as the primary contact between the customer and operations regarding expected completion dates to include tracking and expediting shipments as needed.
• Validates inventory costs, explains pricing, price increases, estimate and invoice changes to customers. Manages customer expectations with respect to estimate changes, summarizing cost-benefit and qualifying repair development costs to customers.
• Monitors and analyzes cost projections/margin, proposing solutions for corrective action as required to meet margin requirements.
• Manages DOD concerns, hot meeting with DOD customers, identifying associated costs to mitigate concerns. Justifies resolution (internally or to customer) and proposes/clearly communicates rationale for mitigation actions.
• Coordinates OEM warranty and resolves or assists in resolving warranty claims.
• Reviews and coordinates contract/transaction work for the business unit, ensuring all parties adhere to the terms of the contract/agreement.
• Manages documents as per company, DOD, and regulatory standards and processes. Assures required information is entered into the appropriate internal/external systems. Performs system maintenance as required.
• Projects a positive image in representing the company to clients and the community; hosts and coordinates DOD visits.
• Cultivates DOD loyalty through a commitment to customer satisfaction.
• Supports preparation of proposals, quotes and presentations and proposes sales strategies.
• Receives, evaluates and answers customer, internal organization or sales force inquiries regarding customer service issues. Facilitates/implements solutions to customer complaints.
• Coordinates with operations to meet forecast demands; communicates anticipated future demands internally for resource/financial planning purposes.
• Responsible for observing and reporting issues or concerns in support of the company-wide quality, environmental and Safety Management System [SMS] policies.
• Works on special projects to include continuous improvement/new bid opportunities as assigned.
• Minimum Bachelor degree in business administration or related field highly desirable.
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), active listening skills, employing relevant knowledge, skills, and judgment to achieve organizational goals. Adapts language appropriate to the audience/strong sense of situational awareness.
• Strong planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and problem solving skills (operational excellence/continuous improvement).
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills that include demonstrated expertise with negotiation, conflict resolution and customer service. Demonstrates patience, tact and empathy when working with others. Values positive feedback, inviting participation and feedback from other members of the team, providing constructive feedback as required.
• A proven commitment to professional practice, continuous professional improvement, and life-long learning.
• A thorough knowledge of company instructions and export compliance.
• Expertise in production management and sales/marketing computer information systems.
• Extremely competent in MS Office suite with an emphasis on use of MS Excel for data analysis to include running queries to efficiently reach data driven solutions.
• Experience with US Government customer service environment/ Aerospace contracts.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability status or any other federal, state or local protected class.